City Clerk's Office
LYNETTE G. COOK-OSBORNE
150 Butler Street Suite D-6, Midway, Georgia 31320
Phone: (912) 884.3344 Fax: (912) 884.5107
This position performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the Mayor and City Council and the preparing and record keeping of Council meetings, serves as custodian of official City records; prepares and submits a variety of official documents, records, etc.; serves as the Open Records Custodian.
Major duties include:
- Attends all meetings of the City Council; takes minutes and ensures minutes are accurately transcribed for permanent records; indexes minutes; and maintains related database files; prepares and distributes agenda; manages agendas, ensures compliance with the state’s Open Records and Open Meetings acts;
- Maintains all official records of the City including contracts, lawsuits, minutes, easements, codes, etc.; certifies copies of documents; drafts ordinances and charter revisions; submits all ordinances to Municipal Code for codification; publishes code of ordinances for the City; researches information from official records; and provides copies to City officials and the general public upon request;
- Maintains permanent files and records as required by law; researches records as needed; retains or destroys records as required by law;
- Coordinates elections with the Liberty County Board of Elections;
- Performs general clerical duties for the Mayor and the City Council as needed or requested;
- Maintains confidentiality with all matters pertaining to the Mayor and City Council;
- Performs other duties as assigned.